getting back to stock.

Discuss anything Scroll Excel Tablet related here.

getting back to stock.

Postby andrewtjb » June 15th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Hi

I got a scroll excel yesterday and noticed straight away the screen didn't look right but being stupid i just flashed it with the yarvik ics rom (without making a backup) thinking it would solve it but it didn't. Now it looks like im gonna have to try and send it back so is there anyway of getting it back to stock without a backup?

Thanks

Edit: i found the stock ics rom, just need to find the stock recovery now :)
andrewtjb
New Scroller
New Scroller

Re: getting back to stock.

Postby Trashcooky » June 16th, 2013, 10:27 am

andrewtjb wrote:Hi

I got a scroll excel yesterday and noticed straight away the screen didn't look right but being stupid i just flashed it with the yarvik ics rom (without making a backup) thinking it would solve it but it didn't. Now it looks like im gonna have to try and send it back so is there anyway of getting it back to stock without a backup?

Thanks

Edit: i found the stock ics rom, just need to find the stock recovery now :)

There are many versions of the Excel which one is yours?
If it isn't broken then don't try to fix it!
Trashcooky

Scroll Version: Original Scroll Excel 2.3 now running Sugsy 89's 4..0.4 ICS
Tabtronics Mini 8" XGA 4:3 ration JB 4.2.2
Zopo C2 Platinum 4.2.1 - 480 ppi

Postby andrewtjb » June 16th, 2013, 12:32 pm

the part number is 53715. the box just says scroll excel 7" gingerbread 2.3 but the tablet itself had been updated to ics.

ive managed to get it back to ics using a backup i found on here and seems pretty much the same after i removed a few apps the only problem now is i cant find the stock recovery anywhere to replace cwm.
andrewtjb
New Scroller
New Scroller

Postby Trashcooky » June 16th, 2013, 8:28 pm

andrewtjb wrote:the part number is 53715. the box just says scroll excel 7" gingerbread 2.3 but the tablet itself had been updated to ics.

ive managed to get it back to ics using a backup i found on here and seems pretty much the same after i removed a few apps the only problem now is i cant find the stock recovery anywhere to replace cwm.

I've had a look through all the old stuff I have still got but I can't find anything which is specific.
I did find a file called CWM5 Stock Excel.zip however, I have no confirmed idea what is in the file.

You are welcome to take a look and see if there is anything useful in it that might help but to be honest I don't even know which model Excel this was for, although the chances are high that it is for the early version that you seem to have.

There is nothing else in the archives that I can find so if this is a bum steer then I am sorry but it may be of use to you, I hope so.

Good luck :)
Trashcooky

Postby andrewtjb » June 17th, 2013, 6:04 am

Thanks for you help i had a look at that file but it looks like its just a older version of cwm for gingerbread.

After flashing about 20 different roms i gave up i think Ive got it as close to stock as its gonna get lol :)

I'm just gonna have to return it with cwm on it and hope they don't say anything since the messed up colours on the screen seems to be hardware related anyway.
andrewtjb
New Scroller
New Scroller

Postby mraandrews » August 8th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Hi I am wanting to reset the firmware on my Scroll Excel using Live suite, but can't seem to get the device into recovery mode! Does anyone know how to do this, or an easier way! I ahve the .img file to do the recovery, just have no idea how to restore it!

mARK
mraandrews
New Scroller
New Scroller

Postby Trashcooky » August 9th, 2013, 10:20 am

mraandrews wrote:Hi I am wanting to reset the firmware on my Scroll Excel using Live suite, but can't seem to get the device into recovery mode! Does anyone know how to do this, or an easier way! I ahve the .img file to do the recovery, just have no idea how to restore it!

mARK

Have you had a perusal in this section?

If you have the firmware image you need and also Livesuite then watch this video to see how:
Trashcooky

Return to Scroll EXCEL - General Discussions