help

This forum is for anything related to the EVOKE model

help

Postby mange1984 » August 21st, 2013, 4:53 pm

Can someone be a real help and help me root this tablet im new to roting and tablets and android thanks so much i have so many questions im newbie cheers
mange1984
Junior Scroller
Junior Scroller

Scroll Version: Scroll evoke 7 running jelly bean 4.1.1 scroll excel 2 ics 4.0.4 version blackberry playbook 16 gig blackberry bold 9790 touch

Re: help

Postby Trashcooky » August 21st, 2013, 8:03 pm

mange1984 wrote:Can someone be a real help and help me root this tablet im new to roting and tablets and android thanks so much i have so many questions im newbie cheers

Hi mange1984, glad to see you found your way to the help section OK.
Your question/s over simplifies the tasks you are asking about and there is no quick fix for what you want.
If you don't feel confident then don't mess or you will break your tablet.
If you want to learn a little more then start reading here

There are lots of helpful videos on YouTube so have search for your model and see if anything turns up.

Incidentally, to allow people to be able to help you they need to know what model tablet you have (you can put this after your topic header of "Help"... to read "Help with Scroll Evoke".), how old it is, is it still in warranty, and why do you want to tamper with it if it is working OK?
If it isn't broken then don't try to fix it!
Trashcooky

Scroll Version: Original Scroll Excel 2.3 now running Sugsy 89's 4..0.4 ICS
Tabtronics Mini 8" XGA 4:3 ration JB 4.2.2
Zopo C2 Platinum 4.2.1 - 480 ppi

Postby mange1984 » August 21st, 2013, 8:15 pm

Hi pal I wanna delete apps that are built into scroll evoke like google search you tube etc as don't use them contact storage I just wanna be able to root it that's all maybe learn more about tablets as had scroll excell 2 that come rooted out box this one doesn't and I notice few apps don't seem to be compatible with scroll evoke bit like scroll excell 3 instagram sound cloud snap chat kik messenger few others as well yeah works ok but I notice there problem with jelly bean and contacts storage with android core processor stopped working when I uninstall app but when disable it doesn't do it and then I can't use g mail app if I disable the contact storage is there guide to rooting it as I have seen forums on here I tried supperone click it didn't work
mange1984
Junior Scroller
Junior Scroller

Scroll Version: Scroll evoke 7 running jelly bean 4.1.1 scroll excel 2 ics 4.0.4 version blackberry playbook 16 gig blackberry bold 9790 touch

Postby Trashcooky » August 21st, 2013, 8:28 pm

mange1984 wrote:Hi pal I wanna delete apps that are built into scroll evoke like google search you tube etc as don't use them contact storage I just wanna be able to root it that's all maybe learn more about tablets as had scroll excell 2 that come rooted out box this one doesn't and I notice few apps don't seem to be compatible with scroll evoke bit like scroll excell 3 instagram sound cloud snap chat kik messenger few others as well yeah works ok but I notice there problem with jelly bean and contacts storage with android core processor stopped working when I uninstall app but when disable it doesn't do it and then I can't use g mail app if I disable the contact storage is there guide to rooting it as I have seen forums on here I tried supperone click it didn't work

I'm afraid nothing available on here to meet your needs.
You may not be aware that all Scroll tablets -whatever the model- are unnaproved /unlicensed for Google Play and as such there are many apps that will actually work on the tablet that show as incompatible on the Play store.

This can be overcome sometimes just by side-loading an app you particularly want if you can trace a download version.

Sorry can't help you about rooting but take care as Storage Options wont want to know once you root your tablet as they claim it invalidates their warranty.
If it isn't broken then don't try to fix it!
Trashcooky

Scroll Version: Original Scroll Excel 2.3 now running Sugsy 89's 4..0.4 ICS
Tabtronics Mini 8" XGA 4:3 ration JB 4.2.2
Zopo C2 Platinum 4.2.1 - 480 ppi

Postby mange1984 » August 21st, 2013, 9:14 pm

I see many people rooting on here thought this place to come to pal you all seem to ne rooting on here i just dont want all junk that dont need on here thats all thanks tho i cant even go into recovery mode on here all i can do is factory reset use ti be able to go in recovery mode on excell 2 and excell 2 aps worked on there like instagram etc so hiw is newer device apps less likely to work and when i turn device of charge it just powers back up had two these devices both done it on scroll evoke
mange1984
Junior Scroller
Junior Scroller

Postby mange1984 » August 25th, 2013, 1:36 pm

May i ask when i asked about rooting you said there nothink help me on here i seem see post about rooting and rooted scroll evoke so is there a possible guide to rooting please if some one can help much appreciated need it rooted many reasons thanks jonathan
mange1984
Junior Scroller
Junior Scroller

Return to Scroll EVOKE Forum - Scroll Evoke 7" Tablet