Revert to Stock Recovery (Scroll Extreme)

Discuss the Scroll EXTREME Tablet here.

Revert to Stock Recovery (Scroll Extreme)

Postby lifeisfaked » February 8th, 2013, 9:50 pm

I want to revert my Scroll Extreme to it's stock ROM and recovery, I think I can manage the first part, but I've managed to lose my copy of the original recovery.img - can someone point me in the right direction as to getting the original S.O. recovery back please?
I found http://scrolltabletforum.co.uk/site/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2698 but the sugarsync link provided has expired.

Thanks in anticipation,

Luke
lifeisfaked
New Scroller
New Scroller

Re: Revert to Stock Recovery

Postby Trashcooky » February 9th, 2013, 10:36 am

lifeisfaked wrote:I want to revert my Scroll Extreme to it's stock ROM and recovery, I think I can manage the first part, but I've managed to lose my copy of the original recovery.img - can someone point me in the right direction as to getting the original S.O. recovery back please?
I found http://scrolltabletforum.co.uk/site/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2698 but the sugarsync link provided has expired.

Thanks in anticipation,

Luke

I hope this is what you are looking for? viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3208&p=25257#p25260
If it isn't broken then don't try to fix it!
Trashcooky

Scroll Version: Original Scroll Excel 2.3 now running Sugsy 89's 4..0.4 ICS
Tabtronics Mini 8" XGA 4:3 ration JB 4.2.2
Zopo C2 Platinum 4.2.1 - 480 ppi

Postby lifeisfaked » February 9th, 2013, 10:41 am

That's just what I was looking for - perfect, thank you!
lifeisfaked
New Scroller
New Scroller

Postby Trashcooky » February 9th, 2013, 5:40 pm

lifeisfaked wrote:That's just what I was looking for - perfect, thank you!

That's good. :D

I have edited your title to make it very specific for the Extreme and made this thread a sticky so it is easy for other Extreme owners to find.

Keep this thread posted with how you get on as it always makes good reading for others to learn from your experiences.
Trashcooky

Re: Revert to Stock Recovery (Scroll Extreme)

Postby sastechy » April 19th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Hi,
Sorry if this seems a newbie question but I am kinda desperate to get my Scroll Extreme tablet back to the way it was when purchased. To cut a long story short I have been having trouble with netflix, always hangs during playback. Never used to have this problem however, Storage Options have RMA'd it, trouble is I had already installed a custom ROM. I have successfully installed the above stock ROM but when I boot into the recovery screen the name Yarvik flashes up momentarily. Obviously if Storage Options see this they will use this as a "get out" given that I have customised the tablet. Everything is working ok just the Yarvik name flashing up! Any suggestions as to how I can get rid of this?
Thanks
Jim
sastechy
New Scroller
New Scroller

Postby Trashcooky » April 20th, 2013, 11:46 am

sastechy wrote:Hi,
Sorry if this seems a newbie question but I am kinda desperate to get my Scroll Extreme tablet back to the way it was when purchased. To cut a long story short I have been having trouble with netflix, always hangs during playback. Never used to have this problem however, Storage Options have RMA'd it, trouble is I had already installed a custom ROM. I have successfully installed the above stock ROM but when I boot into the recovery screen the name Yarvik flashes up momentarily. Obviously if Storage Options see this they will use this as a "get out" given that I have customised the tablet. Everything is working ok just the Yarvik name flashing up! Any suggestions as to how I can get rid of this?
Thanks
Jim

I don't have an Extreme so I can't be much help other than to ask you is there anything here that may help?
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3208&p=25257#p25260
Trashcooky

Postby sastechy » April 20th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Trashcooky wrote:
sastechy wrote:Hi,
Thanks
Jim

I don't have an Extreme so I can't be much help other than to ask you is there anything here that may help?
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3208&p=25257#p25260

Hi,
Thanks for the link, i'll save it for possible future use. I have successfully installed the ROM from this link viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3403#p26236 and everything appears to be running smooth, especially netflix which is really all I wanted. I also followed a you tube video posted on here somewhere which was very helpful to me so thanks to whoever posted it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fATLTulw ... ure=relmfu I am going to reject the RMA as everything is working just great.
May I just say a big thank you to all the knowledgable folk who take the time to post advice and instruction, without you all the likes of me would be completely lost.

Cheers

Jim
sastechy
New Scroller
New Scroller

Return to Scroll EXTREME - General Discussions