Launcher stopped

Discuss anything Scroll Excel Tablet related here.

Launcher stopped

Postby Pavlos » September 22nd, 2013, 10:28 pm

Hi
My son was trying to change the screen resolution, and the system hung. So he did a factory reset.
and nothing changed, I being new to all this have now got a tablet that says launcher stopped. could anybody help.
I have a scroll excel ii with android 4.0 ics it's a 7 inch tablet pc.

Thanks pavlos
Pavlos
New Scroller
New Scroller

Re: Launcher stopped

Postby Trashcooky » September 23rd, 2013, 11:57 am

Pavlos wrote:Hi
My son was trying to change the screen resolution, and the system hung. So he did a factory reset.
and nothing changed, I being new to all this have now got a tablet that says launcher stopped. could anybody help.
I have a scroll excel ii with android 4.0 ics it's a 7 inch tablet pc.

Thanks pavlos

You don't describe exactly how your son was attempting to change the screen resolution?
If this was attempted by editing system files to incorrect values then he may have bricked the tablet and possibly need to to re-flash the firmware in order to try to get the tablet working again.

Can you provide more specifics on what was actually attempted and how things got to where you are now.
What value or setting was changed, how was it changed and from what was it changed to what?
If it isn't broken then don't try to fix it!
Trashcooky

Scroll Version: Original Scroll Excel 2.3 now running Sugsy 89's 4..0.4 ICS
Tabtronics Mini 8" XGA 4:3 ration JB 4.2.2
Zopo C2 Platinum 4.2.1 - 480 ppi

Postby Pavlos » September 23rd, 2013, 1:13 pm

Hi
Him and his brother could not play games on ,so they checked on the internet for a solution, which said the would have to change the resolution of the tablet, so they downloaded an app from the scroll app store, and changed the resolution from 120 to 160. they still had a problem so the tried to change it back, it then told them it could not revert to 120 again so the went to 140. and that's when all the problems started, and they and I have both tried a factory reset. Me mainly because I did not know they had. but all I get after the android logo is the lock symbol and then launcher has stopped. any ideas
Pavlos
New Scroller
New Scroller

Postby Trashcooky » September 23rd, 2013, 1:41 pm

It is difficult to know for certain but I suspect the app has changed one of the system files to a resolution which the device cannot support and this is why it reports a launcher failure when the system file tries to load.

I don't think I can help you on this one but clearly you need to restore the changes to the original settings and if the tablet won't even boot then looks like you are stuck unless you can master "adb" commands, connecting your tablet to a PC and editing the necessary which I can't help you with, the only other suggestion would be to try and reflash the firmware but you need to know precise details about the tablet hardware and select a compatible ICS or JB image.

Try having a read here to put the tasks into some sort of perspective:
If it isn't broken then don't try to fix it!
Trashcooky

Scroll Version: Original Scroll Excel 2.3 now running Sugsy 89's 4..0.4 ICS
Tabtronics Mini 8" XGA 4:3 ration JB 4.2.2
Zopo C2 Platinum 4.2.1 - 480 ppi

Return to Scroll EXCEL - General Discussions