7" keyboard Case USB mini b

If you've got any info on Scroll Accessories, share it here.

7" keyboard Case USB mini b

Postby a0r0a7 » January 9th, 2013, 4:36 pm

After two years of tapping with my fingers I decided to treat my old Gen 1 7" resistive Scroll to a Keyboard Case.

I ordered from this e-bay seller tomtop_shop. Yes, delivered for under £7 and arrived in four days :o

Copy paste into ebay search: Mini USB Keyboard Leather Case Protective for 7 inch 7" Tablet PC Black UK
(look for UK Shipping)

The old 7" resistive Scroll has a USB mini Host so the theory is this keyboard should work. I can report it works a treat. Even the function option works allowing escape to Home screen or Sleep mode etc.. Does not seem to impact on battery life either ;) Oh, its not leather its 'faux' leather. The top clamp is spring loaded, pull it upwards to fit the top of the tablet. I did have some sticky rubber strips so have stuck to the inside of each clamp to stop it sliding :| ok now though :D

NB: I am not sure of the functionality of the newer Scroll tabs mini USB ports i.e.. USB Host- allows the connection of a mouse or keyboard etc... So please only go for this if you are sure the USB mini will support 'host'/ OTG 'on the go' on your newer Scroll Options tablet.

Cheers
Andy :D
Andy
Scroll Firmware: 1.01 Baseband:1.01 Kernel: 2.6.29 Android Version:2.1
7" Resistive model (Stock)
a0r0a7
Scroll Apprentice
Scroll Apprentice

Scroll Version: 7" Scroll resistive (Stock)
ADW Launcher EX- Honeycomb 3.0 theme
Watchdog & Start-Up Manager
Battery Booster- airplane mode

Return to Scroll Accessories