Buy a 7" or 10" Tablet

Discuss anything and everything Android/Scroll related here.

Re: Buy a 7" or 10" Tablet

Postby Charlie » December 31st, 2012, 8:41 pm

Returned my 10.1 Sumvision Cyclone tablet today and went to use my Excel this afternoon and it will not switch on or charge. I think that the battery has had it - So I am now tablet less :(
" Just because you could, doesn't mean you should. "
User avatar
Charlie
Trusted Developer
Trusted Developer
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: December 28th, 2010, 8:41 pm
Location: UK
Real Name: Charlie
Scroll Version: Moto G 16GB (4.4.2 rooted)
Nexus 7 - G1 (4.4.2 rooted)
Huawei Y300 (4.1.1 rooted - TWRP)
MK809 (4.1.1 rooted - CWM)
Raspberry Pi B (512MB)

Retired: Excel (CM10) & 1st Gen' (2.1) Tab'.

Re: Buy a 7" or 10" Tablet

Postby Trashcooky » December 31st, 2012, 9:20 pm

Charlie wrote:Returned my 10.1 Sumvision Cyclone tablet today and went to use my Excel this afternoon and it will not switch on or charge. I think that the battery has had it - So I am now tablet less :(



I know that everybody says this but have you tried charging via the USB ?
They reckon the batteries are good for around 350/400 cycles so I suppose that's about a year and a half-ish.
How old is you Excel Charlie?
If it isn't broken then don't try to fix it!
User avatar
Trashcooky
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: January 4th, 2012, 8:52 pm
Location: South East England
Real Name: John
Scroll Version: Original Scroll Excel 2.3 now running Sugsy 89's 4..0.4 ICS
Tabtronics Mini 8" XGA 4:3 ration JB 4.2.2
Zopo C2 Platinum 4.2.1 - 480 ppi

Re: Buy a 7" or 10" Tablet

Postby BobC » December 31st, 2012, 9:29 pm

Charlie,

Interested that your Cyclone came ready rooted - I got a 9.7" Sumvision Titan and it took a bit of work to get it rooted. The Titan is similar spec to your Cyclone but has Bluetooth built-in.

A bit odd that the Excel is completely dead if it's just the battery - I would expect it to show signs of life when connected to a charger.

BobC
BobC
Scroll Addict
Scroll Addict
 
Posts: 155
Joined: April 18th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Location: Lancashire
Real Name: Bob
Scroll Version: None any more - broken and no replacement available.

Re: Buy a 7" or 10" Tablet

Postby Charlie » December 31st, 2012, 10:42 pm

Trashcooky wrote:
Charlie wrote:Returned my 10.1 Sumvision Cyclone tablet today and went to use my Excel this afternoon and it will not switch on or charge. I think that the battery has had it - So I am now tablet less :(



I know that everybody says this but have you tried charging via the USB ?
They reckon the batteries are good for around 350/400 cycles so I suppose that's about a year and a half-ish.
How old is you Excel Charlie?


Yep tried that, thanks and no good. It is useful to remember to try that if your tablet will charge via usb under normal conditions as most don't these days

BobC wrote:Charlie,

Interested that your Cyclone came ready rooted - I got a 9.7" Sumvision Titan and it took a bit of work to get it rooted. The Titan is similar spec to your Cyclone but has Bluetooth built-in.

A bit odd that the Excel is completely dead if it's just the battery - I would expect it to show signs of life when connected to a charger.

BobC


Hmm, may be it's not the battery then and an issue with the charging circuit in the tab'.

Yes it was rooted, I installed Terminal emulator from play and the 'su' command returned an '#'. The Titan is very similar to the Voyager. Rumour has it that Bluetooth was not put in the Voyager as it caused issued with the Wifi on the Titian.

P.S
Did you buy a case for your Titan tab', if so what one?
" Just because you could, doesn't mean you should. "
User avatar
Charlie
Trusted Developer
Trusted Developer
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: December 28th, 2010, 8:41 pm
Location: UK
Real Name: Charlie
Scroll Version: Moto G 16GB (4.4.2 rooted)
Nexus 7 - G1 (4.4.2 rooted)
Huawei Y300 (4.1.1 rooted - TWRP)
MK809 (4.1.1 rooted - CWM)
Raspberry Pi B (512MB)

Retired: Excel (CM10) & 1st Gen' (2.1) Tab'.

Re: Buy a 7" or 10" Tablet

Postby BobC » December 31st, 2012, 10:56 pm

Charlie wrote:Did you buy a case for your Titan tab', if so what one?


I got the Titan because the Scroll Extremes and Elites I had previously all had problems and SO ran out of stock and I got my money back. I already had a case from the Extreme and it fitted the Titan perfectly.

This outfit http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=CaseGuru&index=electronics-uk&search-type=ssseems to do a fair line in cases for tablets etc - I got a couple from them for an Ereader I bought recently. They seem pretty generic and I think I saw the one I got from SO for the Extreme in there masquerading under another name.

BobC
BobC
Scroll Addict
Scroll Addict
 
Posts: 155
Joined: April 18th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Location: Lancashire
Real Name: Bob
Scroll Version: None any more - broken and no replacement available.

Re: Buy a 7" or 10" Tablet

Postby logansmith » January 11th, 2013, 12:06 pm

7 inch tablet is best you buy a 7 inch tablet.
logansmith
New Scroller
New Scroller
 
Posts: 4
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 7:52 am

Re: Buy a 7" or 10" Tablet

Postby logansmith » January 15th, 2013, 1:26 pm

Buy a 7 inch tablet PC is light weighted and slim easy to carry all application are supported.
logansmith
New Scroller
New Scroller
 
Posts: 4
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 7:52 am

Re: Buy a 7" or 10" Tablet

Postby Thomas170 » May 13th, 2013, 12:46 pm

If you don't have any problem with price, then you can go with Nexus 10. Otherwise, Nexus 7 is good for you.
Thomas170
Junior Scroller
Junior Scroller
 
Posts: 12
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 8:17 am

Previous

Return to Android Marketplace Chat & General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest